Gear Review: High Peak Adrenaline
Offering an unbelievable “bang for your buck,” the High Peak Adrenaline 70+10 pack is going to become a favorite for beginner backpackers and weekend adventurers, alike.
Photo Gallery by Aron Snyder
Offering an unbelievable bang for your buck, the High Peak Adrenaline 70+10 pack is going to become a favorite for beginner backpackers and weekend adventurers, alike. Its overall size-to-weight ratio (70 liters at 5 pounds 5 ounces) is very respectable for a pack in this price range, and it also has the option of a detachable daypack lid and ice axe holders. It is water bladder compatible.
Another key feature on the Adrenaline is the rapid torso adjustment. With a flick of a lever, the Adrenaline can be fitted to a torso length of 15 to 21 inches in a matter of seconds.
The comfort level on this pack will max out between 50 and 55 pounds, but when fully loaded the Adrenaline is a bit top heavy and starts to sway if not properly packed.
1) A great price tag of $149
2) All the bells and whistles a weekend adventurer will ever need
3) The rapid torso adjustment system should make the Adrenaline a family favorite
1) Gets a bit top-heavy when fully loaded, and extends high above the head
2) It would be great to have more than one color option
Overall, the High Peak Adrenaline 70+10 is going to be a top choice for backpackers on a budget, families and weekend adventures who have “on trail” and moderate distance trips in their future.